Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got oil change the guy left 1 gasket on my motor. all the…

Customer Question
Got oil change the...

Got oil change the guy left 1 gasket on my motor. all the oil ran out and I drove it. 10 miles then had the gasket removed once I noticed the put filter back on. replace oil sensor as well,, got a spark plug change wire change .... still shaking but not as bad .. why

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Not only that it dies when I stop and reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Mercury?

8 cylinder v8 91 grand mercury

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Got oil change, oil sensor replaced, spark plug and wire change...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercury
2/11/2018
Mercury Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, so someone did an oil change and had a double gasket on the oil filter? Did it leak out all the engine oil and then start running rough? Does it run rough at an idle or under a load while driving?

to your first question and yes it does at and idle until I give it gas goes to normal then 5 secs later it does it again

Ok so did this problem occur after running out of engine oil Does it make any knocking noise? It smooths out when you give it throttle or it bucks all the time?

after running out of gas yes
barely jus shakes and stop at red lights and reverse
cant go to fast it will shake
1 mechanic got it to go 55mph.. so he did tune up still shaking but not bad he said maybe its the lifter and said it may need to be changed or but lucas in it but it still shakes with lucas

you ran the car low on fuel and it died? Im a little confused on what happened?

Mercury Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

hi,

Different expert here.

Ok, with engine in park, if you rev the engine, is there any noise in the engine compartment - rattling, clacking, knocking, pinging, or any other noise?