Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

My a/c vents won't close completely when I use heat or

defrost. Doors and accuators...
My a/c vents won't close completely when I use heat or defrost. Doors and accuators appear to be working properly. It's almost as if the door to close the vents off won't completely close. When I self test the controls I get a 051. Anything would be greatly appreciated. I can see the door working through the passenger side center vent- and underneath. Clothshanger and a nudge maybe!? ***@******.*** Thanks!
1/18/2018
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

051 EATC (Intermittent) Run-Time Fault = A/C Solar radiation sensor open circuit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this sensor responsible ? Where do I find it on vehicle and where would I get one ?

sun load sensor is the fault

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help on this matter. Can get one local for 30 bucks. Will repair this weekend. Truly hope this works. Will contact with results. Thanks again ! Mark

you are welcome. its definitely the cause of the fault code, and the HVAC system uses that input to control the automatic function of the HVAC controls and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

thanks. let me know if we need to dig into it any deeper

david craig
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician