Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 96 mercury sable and my brake lights will not shut…

I have a 96...

I have a 96 mercury sable and my brake lights will not shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

No I have not checked the actual brake fluid but im not sure how that would effect the break lights from not going off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im trying to do this myself and people have said it was the switcher but that was replaced last year and should not need to be replaced again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I need to know if this car has a break bumper and if so where is it so i can replace it. A lot of videos I watched said that was a common cause for break lights to not go off.

1/17/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Mercury Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Have you checked the brake light switch?

Or is that what your asking about the location for?

Amedee
Amedee, Mercury Technician
I checked the switch it looked fine and i had it replaced last year because my brake lights would not come on now they wont go off
Phone call session started

.

any luck with those pics

It was nice speaking with you on the phone sir.

Good luck and please let me know if you have any further questions.