Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After blowing out a front brake line, I replaced both front…

After blowing out a...

After blowing out a front brake line, I replaced both front lines, rotors and pads, which were due anyway. And yes, I used a vacuum bleeder afterwards.

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

No. This is about brakes. After finishing, I still have ABS light, red brake warning and :service brake system message. Further, when putting in Drive, the car does not want to move. BTW this is a 2006 Mariner hybrid 4WD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mariner Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just told you what I did.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, that's it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When this happened did the master cylinder reservoir go dry?

Do you know what ABS codes are stored?

If by dry you mean emptied out, yes.
No on ABS codes. Haven't hooked anything up. Basically the "brains are not acknowledging the brakes have been fixed, filled an bled.
I didn't mean there are no ABS codes, but that I have not hooked up a reader to see if any.
ONe more thing: When I do put it in drive, I can sense it wants to do something because RPM slightly dips. If I rev it up, I feel a slight bump as if it wants to engage, but then kicks out.

Thanks,

I would get the codes checked to make sure you are on the right track to diagnosing/fix this.

Bleeding a Hybrid is miserable, see here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/z99wlto77gvg2bv/servicebleed.pdf?dl=0

I believe it is going to come down to not being fully bleed correct since a pressure bleeder and scan tool are needed when the ABS has been subjected to no fluid from the master cylinder.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

There's nothing else for me to do, except figure out how to get it bled correctly before moving on. But I do have one more question: Is this brake issue actually telling the "brains" to not let me drive?

Yes the ABS can prevent the vehicle from driving correct.

OK... just making sure there was not an additional problem. So where do I go to rate you? We're done for now.

The rating stars are shown on your page.

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician