Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a ford escort. When I let car park overnight having…

I have a ford escort...
I have a ford escort . When I let car park overnight having hard time starting it. I hear loud pops. In order for the loud pops to occur, I have to push gas pedal to floor and try a while. If I don’t leave gas pedal pressed engine don’t seem to be trying to start. After around a few minutes of this the car starts very rough. Then after few minutes of rough the engine smooths normal. If I turn car off and turn it back on. It starts perfectly. What can this be?
1/14/2018
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What year model and how many miles?

If you go into a store and start the car once done, do you have hard times starting with the engine already hot?

97 Ford Escort 130k miles. After I get it to start, it starts perfect after that throughout the day. It’s if I leave it overnight.
Once I get it to start and immediately turn it off and back on it starts perfectly even when engine is not hot

Thanks, ***** ***** behind on any maintenance?

Once it does start after this rough patch is there any exhaust smoke?

I notice smoke from catylic converter when the attempts are occurring.
There is no smoke after it starts.

No.

Thanks, ***** ***** you have one or more injectors which are bad and leaking down the remaining fuel pressure to them while the vehicle is off and this is flooding the engine. This makes the engine hard to start when cold because it is flooded. I recommend removing the spark plugs before a cold start and the unplug the injectors. Have an assistant watch while cranking to see which cylinder is blowing out fuel. Then replace that injector or all.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

If this is case why would I have to press the pedal to the floor for this to work?

Pressing the pedal to the floor allows a lot more air into the engine while cranking and helps to blow out the combustion chamber dry while cranking so the plugs can then ignite and not stay fouled out.

Ah ok, can a leak othe filler tube cause this

An external leak is not to blame here.

Oh ok, thanks how bout fuel pump related

You can check the pressure but so far the scenario you have is not pointing to that.

Are you still needing help?

Ok thanks for this. I will investigate injectors

You are welcome, and thanks for rating my answer once you do so.

can u give me the instructions on replacing the injectors?
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician