Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Air blows out three out of the four vents, one vent barely…

Air blows out three...

Air blows out three out of the four vents, one vent barely has air blowing out of it. When I turn on max, the vent that hardly blows air seems to blow a little more but not nearly as much as the others

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

I bought it a month ago, so not quite sure on that :)

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

2007 mercury mariner

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mariner yourself? What have you tried so far?

Havent tried anything yet

1/12/2018
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

going across the front of the dash there's one on the very left one of the very right and 2 toward the center. which one isn't blowing too well?

One in the center, passenger side

what happens if you close all of the other vents?

I havent tried that yet, but can certainly try

ok

When the setting is on "1" the vent feels like its just leaking a little air

Hows it feel at the highest fan speed?

Much better. Almost equal to the others. When I close other vents, there is more airflow in the "defective" vent

ok, then there must e a blockage in the ducting somewhere

That seems likely

you might want to remove that grill and see if you can stick something flexible down into the ducting to unclog it.

Does it pry off with a flathead?

let me make sure

Ok

theres nothing for the removal but if i remember correctly it should pop out with a flathead

Looks like it will. It gets loose but I'm limiting how much force I use, I don't wanna break anything. I wonder if I can find something to snake the vent a little?

you have to be very careful. you can try maybe a wire coat hanger or something like that

I will give that a try, likely this weekend

ok. let me know and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow- up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

I think I'm gonna roll with it for now. At least some air comes out so I can live with that

ok, and if you need more air out it then you can close the one on the far end it should give it a bit more

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks!

thank you!Have a great day

david craig
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician