Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fuel pump isn't reading. Trying to do it now but when the…

Fuel pump isn't reading ...

Fuel pump isn't reading

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Trying to do it now but when the new one is in there is no reading on the gauge

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

2003 grand marquis

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

New battery and now new fuel pump

1/12/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The first thing to check is for power to the pump with the key on for 5 seconds or constant voltage when cranking the engine. If there is no power, then check fuses, relays etc. If those are good, then check for brakes in the wiring. If all this is good, then make sure your pressure gauge works too.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

I need to know the wiring diagram please

Looks like you may have made an error in your correspondence with me. After you replied to me the first time, I was in the process of getting the information you requested when I saw that you opted out. Then I saw that you gave me a negative rating. Maybe you're a bit confused how this site works, so I still have your request from before and I will gladly send it to you after you have changed that rating.

Thanks again, Ron

You want the rating change, show me the diagram

Here it is, I kept my part of the bargain.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor