Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rebuilt motor turns over but no spark. 135 it's an

Customer Question
Rebuilt motor turns over...

Rebuilt motor turns over but no spark

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

135 it's an automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced coil pack but still no spark

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just had heads resurfaced and and replaced timing chains put engine back in the truck have fuel no spark

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercury
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Mercury Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What model is your 2004 mercury and are you getting a check engine light?

4.0 liter engine it has not started since putting engine back in truck to get a check engine lite

try unplugging the cam and crank sensors to see if you get it to fire

Still no fire is there a fuse or disable link or maybe a reset on the ecm that might fix ot

not that I know of, does your scanner communicate? did you replace any computers? is there a theft light on?