Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

All is well functionally. I just wanted to look up where the…

Customer Question
All is well functionally...

All is well functionally. I just wanted to look up where the fuel filter is so I can check it or change it if need be.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Mercury. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No I’m good for now. Thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercury
1/1/2018
Mercury Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me what you're working on please, need the year, make and model, please.

2008 Mercury Mountaineer

Okay thank you for that, the fuel filter on your Mountaineer is located at the rear of the SUV just in front of the tank behind a heat shield. See the location diagram in the first link, the filter is #5 in the diagram. See the replacement steps in the second link. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help with this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csbojfm087g2bz4/fuel%20filter%20Jan%201.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahethzvd05nsgdx/filter%20replace%20Jan%201.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.