Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a 2010 Mercury Milan and the passenger seat belt locks…

Customer Question
I own a 2010...

I own a 2010 Mercury Milan and the passenger seat belt locks after you step on the brake and does not release after that unless you unbuckle it and then rebuckle it . Basically trapping you securely in your seat. I feel this should be recall but I don't find it being one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?

Passenger front. And it has never been changed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Milan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am certified GM technician of 34yrs. So yes I would fix it myself. My question is with this being a safety issue Is there a TSB or recall that would be covered by Ford Motor Company?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercury
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Mercury Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, only the passenger belt has the issue? No warning lights on for the airbag or restraint system?

Only passenger front belt. As I stated I am a certified GM technician of 34yrs. I am only going to pay the $5.00 dollars simply because I am wanting to know if there is a TSB or possible recall for this issue.
HD. I'm not paying $26 . As a fellow technician for the $5 you should be able to tell me if there is a TSB or a possible Recall for this issue.

Ok, no there are no known technical service bulletins or recalls out for a 2010 Milan for an issue with the seat belt retractor. It sounds like the retractor itself is not unlocking. It should tighten up when braking but should release when taking your foot off the brake. So a diagnostic check for codes of the restraint control system should be done first. If no codes or faults are found in the Restraint control module or the Occupant Classification System, then I would replace the retractor. If there is a code stored for OCS system, the OCS module could be at fault not reading the person is in the seat.

I do not make up the rules or terms of service of the website. Sorry. This is how I am making money on the website by providing information.

Thank you that is all I needed to know. I also have answered ?'s here as well.

Then you should know how the website works. If you wanted advise from peer to peer you should have hit up someone on the message board for experts.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician