Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Since it's been cold, the Alarm Will go off on my 2004

Customer Question
Since it's been cold...

Since it's been cold, the Alarm Will go off on my 2004 Sable. What can I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes but it still happens, mostly in the early hours. How can I stop it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercury
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/29/2017
Mercury Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

THe alarm generally will go off if there is an issue with it thinking a door is ajar or the hood. Do you ever have any issues with the door ajar warning light coming on when the doors are all closed?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

No, all my doors and hood are shut tight. This didn't start until it got cold. Çan I disconnect it?

Ok then likely a door switch is not the issue. Just because the hood is closed doesnt mean the switch is not activating.

You can disconnect the hood switch and if that is what is causing the alarm to go off it should stop it. THat is where I would recommend starting.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!