Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

A viper starter was installed I have had to buy two

Customer Question
A viper starter was...

A viper starter was installed I have had to buy two batteries in 2years .All other lights are working . 1ON 12/22/17EVE. THE BATTERY IS DEAD AS OF 9:15 THIS MORNING 12 25/17 you have answer possibly

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I have had 3 new batteries in this 2 year period

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Viper yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO.took to the installer ask him to remove the Viper which the co.had installed.He said there was no problem with his work that the Viper was o.k. sent me back home (40 miles ) from Greencastle to my home ,Since I;ve had two batteries in this time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes at 88 yrs.age and handicapped seem as tho there is a solution to this problem Only problem I;ve had other than new tires and oil change in a new car Now has 44,ooo miles on it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercury
12/24/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mecury Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mecury Mechanic

I have had to buy two batteries in 2years

??
Year, Make & Model of Vehicle?
Have you had a Battery Draw Test performed?
IF so, what was the results?
.

.

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician