Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The headlights won't work. I checked both. 2000 cougar. I…

Customer Question
The headlights won't work ...

The headlights won't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

I checked both

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

2000 cougar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

I dont know much about electrical systems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't have a voltameter

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercury
12/22/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Without a meter we will be extremely limited to what we can do but I can give you a idea of what to expect at a shop. Do either hi or low beams work?

No . I wired them strait to the battery and the drivers side turns on

Wiring them directly to battery would most likely just confuse thing and make it even harder to test. Did the flash to pass option work? Which is when you pull back on dimmer switch?

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician