Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My2009 Mercury Grand Marquee's check engine light came on. I…

Customer Question
My2009 Mercury Grand...

My2009 Mercury Grand Marquee's check engine light came on. I had it check and nothing was found to be wrong. How do I get the light to go off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

2009 Grand Marquee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No my son takes care of it, he's the one who check to see what was wrong and he suggested I asked how to get the light off. Also I had just got an oil change (at an oil change place) a couple days before it came on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, but the car runs really good as always.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercury
12/17/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

To get the light off it will need a scan tool or have the battery disconnected and reconnected. If the light comes back on after clearing it, then it will have be looked at thoroughly. Please let me know if you need anymore help :)

What a rip off? Nothing was said about your charging me $25 for a simple answer. Do Not charge my credit card any thing else. This is about as fraudulent as you can get.

That would be something customer service would have to talk to you about, if you like, I can request a refund for you. You do not have to pay if you are not satisfied. Would you like me to submit the request?