Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 mercury mountaineer was low on fuel, indicator

Customer Question
My 2008 mercury mountaineer...

My 2008 mercury mountaineer was low on fuel, indicator warning light came. Said 40 mile till empty when I got home and shut it off. In am forgot it was low on fuel and remote started it. When I went to car it was not running. I tried to start it and it cranks but sounds like no gas. Put in 4 gallons gas and still won't start. Let it sit for a while thinking maybe I flooded it, Still won't start. I disconnected battery for 1 hour rebooked it up andf it still won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No trouble code, Don't have a code reader

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Mercury Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Mountaineer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes does auto zone rent out code readers

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Vehicle ran fine prior to parking it last night. No indication of any problem. Vehicle has a gas reset button next to passenger foot area is there a way to activate this and then reset it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercury
12/16/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Put another four gallons of fuel in the tank and retry .

If this does not work you will have to do a fuel pressure test to see if the pump is pumping the correct amount and pressure needed to start

Would not be the first time that i've seen a tank run dry and burn out the pump out .

Normally in vehicles with high mileage where the pump is at a delicate age ?

Check this and if you need further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .

This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, iam not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.

Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician