Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its not backing up it will a little and then no more. 2004.

Customer Question
Its not backing up...

Its not backing up it will a little and then no more

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I want to fix it if i CAN

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

ITS ALL WHEEL DRIVE AND ITS BEEN HARD TO PUT IN REVERSE FOR A LONG IT

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

ITS IN GOOD CONDI

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercury
12/15/2017
Mercury Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, its a mountaineer? It has all forward gears but only an issue with reverse? Its hard to move the shifter or the transmission just acts like it is in neutral? Fluid level is full and not burnt? No warning lights on or diagnostic trouble codes stored?