Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

I have a 2010 mercury milon, starting today, I was not able

to get out of the...
I have a 2010 mercury milon, starting today, I was not able to get out of the car from drivers door, but yet I can open the door from the out side, and the door will no lock, cant open door from inside, but can from the outside. all other doors work fine, lock, they open from inside and out.. ever hear of such a thing, thanks, ***** *****
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: they are not corroded, the remote will lock and unlock all other doors..
JA: Are you fixing your Milan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have no idea where to start, just looking for some sort of answer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/19/2017
Scott W.
Scott W., Mercury Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** concern is most likely caused by a bad interior door release assembly, it could be the latch is being partly held open making the latch not able to lock. To replace the door release the door trim panel needs to come off and then just one bolt hold it on. You may be able to look at the interior release handle from the inside and see if it is falling apart or broken. here is handle removal.

The system will ask you for a phone call which is not needed now.

I​f you are happy with my service, please take the time to rate my help today, once rated you can still ask follow up questions if needed, thanks Scott

Here is door trim panel if you are fixing this yourself.

Scott W.
Scott W., Mercury Technician
Scott W.
Scott W.
Scott W., Mercury Technician