Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

Just put aftermarket radio in. Gets power but when i put

radio face on it doesnt...
Just put aftermarket radio in. Gets power but when i put radio face on it doesnt come on...
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Radio doesnt have fuse on it and i checked all under dash fuses.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 89
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i am. ive got a detachable face dual cd player installing. The light blinks on radio when face of but when face on face doesnt light up? just had transmission done and about to get exhaust redone...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No mam, not that i can think of at moment. Thank you
11/17/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

I have installed those before, the faces sometimes do not make good contact with the base, if you apply different pressure to the face in different areas will it turn on?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Cool. About to try now. Will get back to you asap. Thanks for the quick response

sure thing!

If you find it does turn on after the pressure check you can either return it for another one or like I did just manipulate the contacts with a small pick to allow them to have a better contact surface

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Cool

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Maaaaaan thanks so much for the tip. Everything worked out havent had any problems. Next problem. Lol how do i remove the rear deck speakers for replacement? do i go thru trunk or can i just remove from back deck inside car?

whats the year make and model of the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
89 mercury grand marquis

http://www.autoclinix.com/Mercury/Rear%20Speakers2.htm

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician