Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a 2000 mercury marquis la presidential series. I

Customer Question
I own a 2000...
I own a 2000 mercury marquis
la presidential series. I BOUGHT
gunk to clean the motor ETC and after I hosed it down the
traction and abs light stays on.
ALSO now the car runs rough at low acceleration
what can it be
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercury
11/16/2017
Mercury Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Pull all the coils out and see if there is any moisture in the spark plug tubes. The lights that are on will come on if the engine has a miss in it. Once the miss is corrected the lights should go out.

I CAN YOU TUBE THE COILS ON MY CAR

Just wanted to check in on you and see how things where going?

hi Mr mercury expert I WENT TO auto zone and they hooked my car up to this computer sensor and I got CODE C-1145 RIGHT FRONT SENSOR INPUT MALFUNCTION CIRCUIT.
THE SECOND ONE WAS P017K BANK SYSTEM TOO LEAN CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO
Mercury Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago

Was there a problem with the abs before you cleaned the engine? Did you check the coils to see if there was moisture in the spark plug tubes?

no
I'll check the coils on the car first
is that your advice
I'm gonna check the coils now I'll get back to you

Then you need to check the drivers side wheel speed sensor, as well as the plugs to see if there is any moisture in the plugs. The wires for the spewed sensor will have two plugs, one at the speed sensor, and one on the frame rail. Yes you still need to check the coils and see if there is moisture in the spark plug tubes.

hi I did what you said I removed EVERY connection there is. SOME OF THE WIRES ARE SO
WORN THAT THEY WERE GONNA FALL
APART. I TOOK A BLOW DRYER AND
AND SPENT 2 HOURS DRYING EVERY CONNECTION I COULD FIND. IT DIDN'T WORK THE LIGHT IS STILL ON.
I'LL HAVE TO TRY THE OTHER THING YOU TLD ME TO DO

Did you remove the coils and see if there was moisture down in the spark plug tubes?

code is c1145 and p0308

I know this. The code 308 can be caused be the coils miss firing in the spark plug tubes.

You have been having trouble with this for 3 weeks. Just go out and pull the coils and check them.