Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1995 sable 3.8 cranks but no start also no ing.

I have a 1995...

I have a 1995 sable 3.8 cranks but no start also no ing. sparkno ,inj. pluse, no fuel pump pres.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

No pump but this car might start and run for about 30-45 sec. then no spark,fuel etc. I tried the control relay on the rad. support, no start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to,the dist. ing. modular has also been replaced with new parts this haven't changed the condition yet

11/15/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If you take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter are you getting key on power at the power wire at the injectors (red wire)?

thanks awaiting for your help

low voltage but goes out when cranking

Are you checking the red power wire?

but just on one inj.harness that I unpluged

Okay power to the engine controls including the injectors come from the CCRM (constant control relay module) so the palace to start is to check the power in and out of it. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the link below The CCRM mounts on the top of the core support above the radiator .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l307l2p00vu3y98/CCRM%20testing%20Nov%2015.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
ok, but I did install one from a running car w/ same part # do I need to go further w/ the testing
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Phone call session started
do I check these points w/ harness unplugged or pluged into sensors w/ key on

Plugged in and key on.

got to leave for now but will get back on this in the morning thanks for now ,Carl

Im here all day tomorrow as well Carl if needed. Thank you as well.

just now getting back to this issue i will do the test at the points you sent me and get back w/ you.also I seen that I was charged 26.00 for the phone call can you credit that back or do I need to contact someone else,Thanks Carl.

I am here all day and I will send this in for you to get the phone call removed for you. I did not call so there is no reason to have to pay for one.

Thanks I haven't completed all the test yet,I do towing and have to leave anytime, usually about the time I get started on something, if you know what I mean.

Yes I sure do, I drove a wrecker at one time. No worries. Im here if needed.

Ok here what I got so far I do not have any trouble code at all,the VPWR RD wires on MAF,IAC,fuel inj only has 1.43 V.The RD/LG on ing. coil 00.00 the RD/LG @CCRM is 00.00,both Y-wies @CCRM are 12.1 can't get to BK/LG wire @ PCM with out removing it from inside of car then plugging it back in,the RD wire @ CCRM has 1.41 V the BR/WH wire on TPS has .16 V when I unplug DPFE it has .17 V all grd conn. on rad support have been checked and are good.The car I removed the CCRM from starts and runs fine,they both have F1DF-12B577-AA on them. Any of this info help. Thanks Carl

You have a voltage drop some place . Have you verified that you have a good ground to the Black/green wire to the CCRM? The grounds at the CCRM are pins 15 and 16.

ok Ron the only BK/GRN wire on the CCRM is on pin-23 good grd. pin-15 BK/GRN good grd. pin -16 Gray/WH good grd

So you are not getting battery voltage at the power feed to the injectors?

NO just 1.43 V
also have NOID light on inj. harness
also this car is very clean,one owner, never wrecked low miles

That is the problem, you need key on battery voltage on the power feed at the injectors . Your going to need to trace the power supply wiring issue down, I have enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below as well. All your power feed to the injector is on the red wire and that comes from the CCRM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0gy8xvuvfdv59g/EEC%20wiring%20Nov%2017.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttdng2n4smsft26/EEC%202%20Nov%2017.pdf?dl=0

Ok is the RD wire on pin 24 on the CCRM coming out of it or going into it

Its power out on pin 24 is power out , power into the CCRM is the yellow wires on pin 13 and 18

the yellow's are #8-#12on the CCRM correct,ok the #12 or M2 10amp fuse in the eng. fuse box blows as soon as I turn key on I hear the CCRM click and fuel pump runs until it snaps hope this helps the manual says Accessory Feed, this thing is killing me

What is the number of the fuse thats blowing?

Ok here it is looking down into eng. compartment fuse box with the (2)-10amp fuse closest to you its the left one the diagram in manual says its M2-Acc. Feed the one beside it M1-is the Ing. coil Fuse but the load wire on it is the one for the ing. coil feed RD/Green Strip when I unplug coil,replace fuse turn key on it does not blow,so I took the coil off my donor car thinking its the coil,,mounted it pluged it up,blows within 3-sec.
This car has had a new complete Dist. installed also, so I unplug Dist. Connector it still blows fuse, it doesn't blow with coil unplugged ????

Look at the enclosed diagram of the fuse panel and tell me which fuse number it is,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74hv4f72uarbktr/fuse%20Nov%2017.pdf?dl=0

11 ACCY.

This fuse feed several thing, one it the radio suppressor on the right side of the engine as well as the coil and the distributor and ignition module and the PCM relay which is inside of the CCRM. Some place in that circuit you are shorted to ground. You need to trace the red/green wire to all these components while checking the wire harness. i suspect if you can get this fuse to hold the car will start and run. The PCM relay also powers the injectors as well.

The owners son has alittle mech. experience of replacing parts so he did put new Ing. module on also,i did unplug radio suppressor by the coil didn't help also SPOUT CONN. Cant see why it doent blow with only Ing. coil harness unpluged

Are you sure the new used coil is not shorted as well? If is not and then the problem has to be in the circuit wiring. Now its just a matter of tracing it down.

coil is fine,i just unplugged CCRM still blows fuse. disconnected battery & checked the loaded side of fuse Red/Green wire with ohms meter to ing. coil harness- good also unplugged connector on bell housing that feeds eng. harness- good when I checked ing. coil wire @ coil connector to Grd. it is shorted to grd. somewhere NOT GOOD. Will work some on this later,Thanks.

If you can isolate the wire you can overlay a new one easier then tearing the harness apart.

Ok from the bell housing connector is the coil the only thing it feeds except radio suppressor, do you have a wiring diagram for that wire
got to go now will check for answer in afew hours

If you look at the second link in the two wiring diagrams a sent you it will show you the circuit for the red/green wire.

I think I have isolated the circuit down to where it splits off to the ing. module, Ill get back to you as soon as I get into the area

Okay, Im here all day if needed.