Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

GLAD THAT YOU ARE STILL HERE. I DO HAVE A QUESTION ON OUR

Customer Question
HI TIM, I AM REAL...
HI TIM, I AM REAL GLAD THAT YOU ARE STILL HERE. I DO HAVE A QUESTION ON
OUR CAR. MY HUSBAND JUST PASSED ON JUL 30, 2017 AND I WAS GOING OVER
OUR MANY FILES, AND RAN ACROSS A RECALL FROM PUROLATOR OIL FILTER THAT HE P[RINTED. WE HAVE HAD A AWFUL EXPERINCE WITH THE OIL LEAKING EXCESSIVELY FOR THE LAST YEAR AND HALF AND WE WERE PUTTING IN OIL EVERY OTHER DAY ANDCHECKED IT DAILY. HE WAS VERY SICK (IN RETROSPECT)
OVER THE TWO + YEARS. HE LOVED WORKING ON PROJECTS, ESPECIALY ON
OUR CARS. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP OVER TE YEARS WITH THE MARAUDER. MY QUESTION IS, COULD THIS PROBLEM HAVE CREATED THE
PROBLEM WITH THE LIFTERS MAKING A TICK, TICK NOISE NOW?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercury
11/15/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this concern you are having. First of all Mary I am sorry to hear about your loss. If in fact the engine is low on oil it can cause the lifters to tick due to a drop in oil pressure. This may have been related to the oil filter if in fact that brand was the one you where using. That being said the first place to start would be to determine the source of the leak and that needs to be addressed first. Once the leak has been resolved and the oil level remain normal and the tick continues then that would indicate the lifter are worn. Post back if you have more questions and or need more help with this and we can work from there if needed.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician