Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 Mercury Grand M GS Has KAM code 1633 and 1000

Customer Question
....
2000 Mercury Grand M GS Has KAM code 1633 and 1000 .
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercury
I have run a hot wire to pcm pin 55 that has 13.3 v and ran a direct ground wire to pcm pin 25, tried a new pcm, new battery, and new ground connectors at battery post. car runs fine, no other codes, when I reset with scanner it comes right back on, if I disconnect battery, code takes 5 to 10 mins to come back. Is pin 55 the correct pin and pin 25 the correct ground for the (KAM)
10/2/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Pin 55 yellow/black is the KAM power wire. There are alot of PCM grounds, but not a set one for the KAM circuit. Since you have ran a new wire and replaced the PCM. Have you checked for a PCM connector for a concern causing resistance? Do you need the list of grounds to check all of those?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris