Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Locked out and don't have spare or key code. No and 90000.

Customer Question
Locked out and don't...

Locked out and don't have spare or key code

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

No and 90000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

2008 mercury sable

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sable yourself? What have you tried so far?

Locked out of car can't try anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need the factory code for keypad

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercury
10/1/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

The factory keycode is not kept on file by any dealership or shop. It is stored in the vehicle security module and is retrieved with a scan tool. It is also printed on the module, which is located inside the vehicle.

The only way to open the door is to jimmy it. You can either call a locksmith to come out and do this, or you can go to a parts store and buy the jimmy kit. This has an inflatable wedge that goes between the upper part of the door and the rear of the door and the door sill. you inflate it to wedge open the door enough to get the long rod that comes with the kit in and press the unlock switch on the door.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you