Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

2001 mercury sable dohc v6 fault codes po171 po174

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
New ford fuel pump and filter

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

These codes on this engine normally point to a vacuum leak at the intake gaskets, PCV hose, valve cover gaskets, or air intake after the MAF sensor. If it is a large leak you na find those with flammable brake or carb cleaner. Spray short bursts around everything under vacuum, if it revs up that means you sprayed a leak.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Sorry you were not pleased with my help and got a refund.