Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

None of the windows are working what fuse is, yes, 2006

Customer Question
None of the windows...

None of the windows are working what fuse is blown

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

2006 milan v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Milan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercury
9/20/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Mike V., Automotive Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Automotive Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Do you have a test light so we can do a little testing on the circuit?

No. I hit a deer last night on the way home and now I rolled down the windows and can't roll them back up. However everything else is working.

Ok, that usually indicates a power issue to the master switch itself. Sometimes the wire to the master door switch breaks and then there isn't any power to any of the windows. They get power from the accessory delay relay. So, if the other accessories are working, like the radio or the wipers, things that work with the key on, a fuse is not the issue. This sounds like it's possible the impact could have finished off a wire that was breaking.

If you can open the harness from the body to the driver side door and look for a broken grey/yellow stripped wire and repair it, it should solve the problem.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Does one fuse control all the windows or does each window have a separate fus

One fuse and one circuit breaker controls the windows. All the power goes from the main window switch out to the other switches. This is how the window lock is able to work.