Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

On a 1985 mercury marquis brougham with a 3.8L v-6, where…

Customer Question
On a 1985 mercury...

On a 1985 mercury marquis brougham with a 3.8L v-6, where does the power for the high pressure fuel pump come from?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original pump, but I tested for power at the pump and nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

I turned the key on and tested for power at the pump on the frame and got nothing, my question is: where does the power for the high pressure fuel pump come from?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, if power comes from a circuit breaker or a relay, where are they located?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercury
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Mercury Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

There is a fuse and a relay for this. The relay is green and right at the firewall on the driver's side, next to the brown power relay. The fuse is in the fuse box inside the car.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.