Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Heat and air still happening, but fan won't blow. It came

Customer Question

Heat and air still happening, but fan won't blow. It came and went a few times per drive for a month or so, then stopped completely.
I replaced the eatc, but it changed nothing. Self diagnosis delivers a code 888 at the moment, but still had a 052, I believe it was.
I'd like to fix myself, if it's cheap and easy. Some say replace the resistor, some the blower motor. Some say take it to the shop.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Does the fan work on any speed?

are you there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I push the fan switch up or down it doesn't change anything. It seemed like for a while maybe it was only blowing low, before it stopped. When going down the highway, using normal ac for cold, vent for warm, seems to get something. But it seems like I'm using the wind associated with traveling 60mph to get the air to blow just a tiny bit.

ok, do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do!

ok, gain access to the blower motor and we are going to check for voltage at its connecotr

are you there?