Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2000 mercury grand marquis electrical speedometer is not…

Customer Question
Hi my 2000 mercury...

Hi my 2000 mercury grand marquis electrical speedometer is not working after i replaced the motor and now my car wont crank. My mechanic is saying there is no spark to the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

What is the fuel supply and yea the spark plugs is not getting any spark for my car to crank and the fuel to get in my motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic is fixing it but we tried changing the coils and testing the wires to the motor but my alarm keeps going off every time i connect my battery and its draining my battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do i get the motor and the speedometer to work after i replaced my motor

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercury
9/8/2017
Mercury Mechanic: 6Bucs, Ford Senior Master replied 11 months ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James

It sounds like one of the grounds is disconnected or corroded. Common grounds for the PCM and the cluster are 100, 101 and 102. They can be seen in the illustration I posted here in areas d-2 and b-10.

Ground 106 is at the center rear of engine (not shown) and 103 is at the right side of the battery on the fender apron, near 100 and 102.

James.