Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1994 Mercury Capri, and my headlights go up and…

Customer Question
I have a 1994...

I have a 1994 Mercury Capri, and my headlights go up and down while I am driving. Do I need to replace the headlamp switch or could something else be the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Where is the fuse box located and which fuse is for the headlamp? Is there a chart showing which is which?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Capri yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am, I have taken out the headlamp switch, but that is all I have done so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, it just concerns me and I can not drive the car right now. I have disconnected the battery for the time being.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercury
9/6/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 9 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, I just need the last 8 of the vin to pull the wiring schematics to review them

the last 8 of the vin is R8603135

HI,

Ok, this is going to be a faulty headlamp control module which controls both headlamp motors.

The Headlamp Control Module is located at the center of I/P, below radio - see attached

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager