Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got new battery in it but thecar wont turn over, and the…

Customer Question
Got new battery in...

Got new battery in it but thecar wont turn over, and the battery meeter is at low with a new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

The battery is brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

99 with a 4.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just changed the terminal post they were corroded the car has been sitting for about 4 years

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It wont turn over it just clicks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercury
8/18/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Scott W., Mercury Technician replied 11 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Mercury Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** you have a voltmeter to check the battery?

T​he battery voltage should be no less than 10.5 volts when the starter is cranking.