Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Locked keys in car looking for key code by vin# no, 2005…

Customer Question
Locked keys in car...

Locked keys in car looking for key code by vin#

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 grand marquis

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

My keys are locked inside the car and im trying to find out what my door key pad code is

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercury
8/17/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Unfortunately Ford does not store those numbers to keep techs honest and not breaking in vehicles at will. The only way to get the code is from within the vehicle. You will need a person to help you gain access into the vehicle. The most popular way on this model vehicle is a hand held pump air bag int the door jarm at the top rear of the drivers door to push the door 3/4 inch away from the body so a rod can be inserted to press the unlock button.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris