Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 mercury sable it has been a very good car just…

I have a 2000 mercury...
I have a 2000 mercury sable it has been a very good car just minor problems but now everything is going south on me first the ac quits working then I noticed it has been getting hot found out cooling fans ain't coming on turn ac on nothing and when the ac is off they don't come on when it gets warm or hot checked all relays related to the fans nothing fans do work when I put power to them I'm at a loss at what's going on I'm told it may be my ecm is bad need help with this please
If I use a used ecm from same year car same engine it will work I know it had to be same engine family does ecm have that info on them what am I looking for
8/16/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you have check a few things on this vehicle and the fans are still not working. If you have check the relays and the 40 amp fuse(F109) in the under hood box, then the issue could be the ECM. Although, you need to first actually check the connectors for power and also ground. If there is no ground, you will get the same issue. The fans both share the same ground. Here, I am providing information on inspecting the fans along with the electrical diagram of the circuits. Also, I have provided information for the under hood fuse box, just in case. If all of these things check out, then you will need to have the PCM tested and replaced as needed. As far as the information that is written on the PCM, the VIN is the information that is there. This is how the PCM is programmed. It is not recommended to purchase a used PCM, although, it is possible.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician