Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I have a 2004 mercury mountaineer 4.0 security light keeps

I have a 2004 mercury mountaineer 4.0 security light keeps flashing after u turn the key on had a lock smith come to reprogram the key would not prog. swtich out the key antina ring off the old steering column still would prog. a month before this took place the steering column was replaced did fine for a month, also the fuse box under the dash has no power at 6 thru 14

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Will the vehicle crank and start?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ha chris, it want crank or start

Key on is the theft light flashing rapid and is the check engine light on solid?

Are there PATS system trouble codes stored?

Do you get the same results from both keys?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its flashing and the check engine is solid

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
same results. the battery cable has been of can i still get codes

If you try to start the vehicle and the theft light is flashing, there will then be codes stored.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
memory codes: B1213, B1681, PO193pending coded: PO193

These codes indicate you need to perform these tests. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqvj8b18kwvthu0/trans.png?dl=0

If all tests pass then use a scan tool to reprogram the PCM and then program 2 new keys to the vehicle.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok i started the check list u gave me first thing i check was #12 50amp fuse nothing there put in fuse turn switch on now the light just stay solid still no crank could that have been what cause the key not to prog.

This fuse should not prevent programming. If the theft light is no longer flashing then that indicates the key is programmed to the vehicle. Does the theft light go off after about 5 seconds with the key in the run position?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when the light stayed on solid i called the locksmith and it program, so everything is good THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

You are welcome