Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

The power seat do not work. Look for fuse and all appear

Customer Question

The power seat do not work. Look for fuse and all appear good. Read that it may be a rely. Which one and where is it to chek
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: Yes. No mention of power seat fuses or relays. Just how to work seats.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 1999 Mercury villager.
JA: Are you fixing your Villager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is my try for a "simple" problem now going to be difficult. If it is not easy I will take to a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Jay

Have you checked fuse number 20 in the engine compartment fuse box? Does left and right seat not work?

Here is a picture for you to check circuit breaker number 2 at C244 in picture. This is under left of steering column. If you are not getting either seat to work then the fuse number 20 and this circuit breaker needs checked first and then power at seats will need to be checked.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"