Mike V.
Mike V., Automotive Technician
Experience:  25 years experience witth all makes, Nissan and Subaru factory trained.
2921078

My door locks, and trunk locks do not work. I tried putting

Customer Question

My door locks, and trunk locks do not work. I tried putting new fuses, and they blow after a few days. Someone told me that I need a new driver door module. I cannot find one for a 2006 Mercury grand marquis LS. Where can I find one, or what other year model will fit as a replacement?
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I thought it might be the door switch. That is good. No, I am not fixing it myself. I am an old lady and love my car, so I really do want it fixed.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that if I can get the right part, I might be able to have it fixed. I called the dealership, and they say they no longer make the part for a 2006.
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

First, it seems more likely to me that the issue would be in the wiring harness from the body of the car to the door. Over time the insulation on the wires in there tends to crack, when this happens the wires can touch each other and cause the fuse to blow.

That being said, you should be able to locate a door module online. I did a quick search and several used ones came up. Sometimes it's the best way to find some of the parts you need. Many are taken off wrecked cars and have no problem.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!