Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Center front air vents, side vents no air. All others work,

Customer Question

Center front air vents, side vents no air. All others work
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: Plenty of cold air on floor and rear vents
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 2002 mountaineer
JA: Are you fixing your Mountaineer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, fixing myself. Nothing yet. No filter I can see
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

There panel door actuator runs off vacuum,either there is no vacuum on it to move the panel door to have air on the panel ,or the actuator went bad or the blend door is broken

they are located inside the dash ,the trim cover and part of dash has to come out to access them

make sure no vacuum leaks on engine, if you leaking air , the vacuum want reach actuator to move door

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat