Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

My car just died and needed jumped off and the weird thing

Customer Question

My car just died and needed jumped off and the weird thing was it started up but when I unhooked the other car it was fine but once I undone the postitve it died....
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: No :(
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2002 Mercury grAnd marquis
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Very weird
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I drove home with just a positive jumper cable hooked up to my postitve side. It was very scary
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Wondering why one red jumper cable connected to a red postitve will keep my car running
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Your concern looks to be either an alternator not charging well or the battery posts are not making good enough contact with the battery posts. Can you check the voltage on the battery posts and see if you get the same reading on the battery terminals while the car is off with the headlights on.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris