Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

2003 Mountaineer alarm goes off for no reason at all so

often that when we park...
2003 Mountaineer alarm goes off for no reason at all so often that when we park it we have to disconnect the battery to keep from driving us and neighbors nuts. What can we do?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes, but it still happens. Do you feel the problem might be related to the keypad entry?
JA: Are you fixing your Mountaineer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Read on web that sometimes alarm can be related to door sensors that think the door is not secure and they suggested lots of spray lubricant into door mechanism. We tried that because it is claimed to be a common problem with this car and its sisters. It seemed to help for a short while but problem came right back. It is VERY annoying.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is the horn system connected to the alarm system? If so, what would happen if we disconnected horn. How would we do that?
7/13/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

While running do all door ajar sensors respond correct with the warning light and courtesy lamps coming on?

When you drive do you ever get a false door ajar warning or the courtesy lights coming on for no reason?

Door ajar warning comes on every fewminutes even when all 5 doors are securely closed
Courtesy lights do not come on when that happens

Options are to use a scan tool to see which door is showing ajar and to blame for all of this or to manually check it with a volt ohm meter testing wires. The manual option would mean you have to test each wire to the module from each door at the time it is failing. So if it is only while driving then another would need to do it, The more common sensors to have issues are the driver door and liftgate glass. Sometimes spraying the latches with penetrating lube will help. This is causing your alarm to go when parked. Let me know what you would like to do.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician