Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

06 Mercury GM. The ac is on the line to it is cold. But the…

Customer Question
06 Mercury GM. The...

06 Mercury GM. The ac is on the line to it is cold. But the air is burning hot.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Can not see any leeks and can not adjust the tem contro

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Mercury?

Grand Marques

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercury
3/21/2017
Mercury Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, if the ac lines are cold but the air temperature is hot, the temperature blend door actuator has probably failed. This is a common issue for this vehicle. The complete dash require removal to gain access to the actuator and replace it. Not a simple job to do on your own unless you have experience doing this type of repair. If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where is the temp.actuator?
Angus

Behind the passenger side of the dashboard on top of the heater/ac box. Thats why the dash needs to be removed. It can be accessed by removing the passenger airbag but it is extremely difficult. Plus you are messing with the airbag. Thats why the service manual calls for removing the dash.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Hello?

If you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician