Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No high beams or fog lights. relay fine, fuses fine. Put new…

Customer Question
No high beams or...

No high beams or fog lights. relay fine, fuses fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?

Put new bulb in one side but no difference. All fuses check out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercury?

2004 Mountaineer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mountaineer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I checked all fuses and the relay for the high beams. Relay clicks when I activate switch, telling me that relay works and switch works. I also put in a different relay just for the heck of it. Nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I also ran a voltage check on relay. Have power to relay but dont find power that would go to the headlights. Also ran a power wire to the #3 and 5 terminals on relay to try and get the lights to light up that way. Nothing.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercury
3/21/2017
Mercury Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay.

Have you checked fuse 19, 44 and 46 to see one is blown?

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician