Mike V.
Mike V., Automotive Technician
Experience:  25 years experience witth all makes, Nissan and Subaru factory trained.
2921078

Is there an inertia switch on 1996 mercury grand marquis?

Customer Question

JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing the battery is dead and we cant do anything. I got in an accident and it wouldn't start after that
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: No I am female
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cant open my trunk or anything cause battery is dead. Do I need to charge battery before resetting inertia switch
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.Please give me a moment to type my response. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.

You will need to be able to get into the trunk to reset the switch. It's mounted in the trunk on the driver side inside. So, yes, charge the battery so you can get into the trunk, once in the trunk look on the driver side. The switch should be right there and easily accessible.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.

Do you need any more help with this?