Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

2007 mercury grand marquis, i hear clap clap, like cd stuck,

Customer Question
but was ac stuck on...
2007 mercury grand marquis, i hear clap clap, like cd stuck, but was ac stuck on heat air blowing, the car has new freon, compresor clicking and working, i suppose could be the ac temperature control switch or and the vent door actuator, on panel control of ac ant heat ventilation has a botton said automatic and others botons
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: the clap noise was on the center a little up from ac control panel, the noise was like three time for short time till was not any more
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes if i can, only i charged with new freon
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that all
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercury
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2016
Mercury Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The most common cause for the type of noise you are describing as well as the lack of temp control is in most cases caused by a failing blend door actuator. The blend door actuator control the air mix door from hot to cold for proper heater and Ac operation and then have a plastic gear in them that strips out and when this happens it cause the type of noise your hearing. The fix requires replacing the actuator. Tod do this the instrument panel has to come off to access the actuator. If you are able to do this repair I can provide the steps to do this . Post back and let me know and I will send them for you.

Mercury Mechanic: sam-cssm,
 replied 1 year ago
sam-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/expert/qa.aspx?T=16861022). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Mercury Mechanic: Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Craig Manning
Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** you still in need of assistance?

Mercury Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 1 year ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Do you still need help with your 2007 Grand Marquis?

A. Penland
A. Penland