Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

The power door locks don't work, neither does the trunk or

key pad or fob. Manually...
The power door locks don't work, neither does the trunk or key pad or fob. Manually they work and with the key.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes, it's not the fob. The switch on the doors also don't work and the automatic locks at speed won't work either.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercury?
Customer: 2008 Grand Marquis GS
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I've checked the fuse (same fuse that operates the outside mirrors) I'm not sure of the circuit braker in the engine compartment.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I can think of.
10/18/2016
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mecury Mechanic

Please test Voltage + on "both sides" of Fuses F2, F8 & F9 with Key ON
All located in the Inside Fuse Panel
Click Attachment Below

Please let me know what you find

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I'm on my way to check the fuses

thanks

let me know what you find

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the fuses with the switch in the on position. Fuse #2 good 12 v on both sides, fuse # 9 good 12v both sides.
No fuse in location #9
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry it location #8 no fuse.

thank you for the update.........
IF ALL Fuses test god, then this is likely the Door Module, as the Door Module powers the Door Locks, Trunk, Key Pad, etc. thru data
You can Test for Voltage at the Door Module, but that does not prove the Door Module is bad
Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Program the Door Module
apprx 1 hour labor

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess I'm going to have to take it to the dealership anyway. I guess I'll lock the doors the old fashion way by hand. Thank you.

the electronics on this vehicle is somewhat sophisticated to the point where Customer can only check Voltage, Connections & Ground.
The Modules that control a number of Components can only be tested via Dealer Scan Tool or equal, as DATA is used to power the different Components thru the use of Modules

Hope you get it fixed
Thank You

.

.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just noticed that when I press the lock and unlock button on the door I can hear a click in the panel could this mean anything.

did you need more information?
please respond or rate my answer

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm going to take a door panel off today to check on the DDM and the slight noise when I press the lock switch. Can I get in contact with you if need be on this order via text. Thank you

I will be on & off & very glad to respond when I see anything posted here......

most of us have other jobs, but keep track of customers throughout the day
let me know if you need further

thanks

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mecury Mechanic
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mecury Mechanic