Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

The rear doors will not open from the inside or outside this

Customer Question

the rear doors will not open from the inside or outside this is the passenger side the drivers side rear door will not open from the inside
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

1- you need to take the door panel off, you either broke the little clip holding the handle lever or it came off, those clips you can buy from dealer

2- the outside handle could have just broken and that is common on those vehicle

3- either way the door panel have to come off to inspect and see

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Door panels are off and I can't see any thing broken. If I could just open it I think I could fix the problem

you should be able to get to the lock and manualy move it , shine a flash light in it