Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

I have a 2007 milan that i recently replaced the coil packs

Customer Question
and computer in and now...
I have a 2007 milan that i recently replaced the coil packs and computer in and now the car doesnt recognize the key the key fob still works but car will now turn over security light blinks anyway to fix this with out goin to dealership
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercury
7/25/2016
Mercury Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

when you replaced the pcm, did you have it flashed to the car??? that must be doen for it to work.

as far as the key, call around to locksmiths. some of them have the security clearance to perform the key programming and can come to your car and perform it. otherwise, the dealer is the answer.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ordered the computer from protech was supposed to be programmed to the vin of the car and all that. The key fob works but when you try to turn the car over nothing happens and security light blinks and the dealers around here just wanna give me crap for replacing the computer myself but i couldnt see paying them an extra thousand bucks for something i could do myself. They dont wanna just reprogram the key for me they wanna figure out what the intial problem was and go from there. I have contacted local popalock however they dont have a technician in my are for a few days.

ok, thanks

ford makes it tough on guys on programming the key. you have to have special equipment.

as long as your check engine light comes on when you turn on the key and you can communicate with the system, then it has a program in the pcm

if you dont want to go to the dealer, then you may have to wait for the tech to come around. I have been doing this for over 45 years and it is always a pain to get this done in a short period of time due to the limitations.

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Roy

Roy

Roy

Roy

Roy

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician