Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid: I was test driving, traveling

Customer Question

2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid: I was test driving, traveling downhill & braking, and saw a RED fan speed indicator in the display with time, date, compass direction, etc. the red symbols were just below the driver's side temperature. The owner had seen a white manual fan speed indicator there, but never a red symbol. Any ideas? Thanks
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I am having trouble finding a warning like you describe. Any way you can duplicate this and take a picture of it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I googled & looked in manuals & couldn't find anything either. The owner, who's had the car for 8 years, hasn't seen it before. You may have found reference to the manual fan speed indicator by the driver temperature--it is white. I saw that in the manual. The red indicator looked the same as the white, only red. I can try to get with the owner to duplicate it, and see if I can take a picture.

Did you scan it to see if there were codes?

Were there symptoms as well with this light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where to scan for codes. The red symbol is not in a display that has warning symbols.

A scan tool connects under the drivers side of the dash.