Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am ***** *****. Problem: stood on the brakes Mercury Milan…

Customer Question
I am ***** *****...

I am ***** *****. Problem: stood on the brakes Mercury Milan (2008). Pedal goes to floor. Pumping brings up some pedal but goes soft to floor again. Could it be master cylinder or sensor that governs air line. Mechanic says I need cylinder for $400 and something called ADP (?) sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Problem: stood on the brakes Mercury Milan (2008). Pedal goes to floor. Pumping brings up some pedal but goes soft to floor again. Could it be master cylinder or sensor that governs air line. Mechanic says I need cylinder for $400 and something called ADP (?) sensor.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
4/15/2016
Mercury Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Hi, What you are describing is a classic case of internal bypass failure of the master cylinder. This is when one of the internal seals that separates the front and rear chambers fails. This allows pressure to go past the seal when the brake pedal is applied and results in the pedal going to the floor as pressure meant to go to the brakes as the wheels instead just goes back and forth between the chambers. Pumping the pedal quickly will briefly restore the pressure, but is quickly lost again.Based upon symptoms, just the master cylinder needs to be replaced Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks