Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Where is the fuel pressure check valve in this 2004 mecury

Customer Question

Where is the fuel pressure check valve in this 2004 mecury montery van?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Runs like it is lean and then smooths out and the repats the lean runnig
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercury Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question The check valve is built in to the fuel pump which is located in the fuel tank.Has the computer been scanned to see if there are any fault codes?Has the fuel pressure been checked while the problem is occurring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean you cannot check fuel pressure from the fuel bar on the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please answer
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
On your 2005 you can check the fuel pressure with your scan tool . The fuel system on your 2004 Monterey has a fuel pressure sensor and the pressure can be read by the scanner.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Can you please answer has the system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting?