How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Z. Your Own Question
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mercury Tech -
Category: Mercury
Satisfied Customers: 19049
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Mercury Diagnostics
Type Your Mercury Question Here...
Ron Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2001 mercury mountaineer, the obd is not working. I

Customer Question

I have a 2001 mercury mountaineer, the obd is not working. I wastill trying to find out where the fuse is located at
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Yes we took it to the inspection place and autozone. They both saying the obd is not reading when they hook it up. So I was trying to figure out is the fuse in the side panel near door or under the hood
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Several people told me it maybe a fuse. I was hoping I could fix it if I knewere where the fuse was. Lol
JA: Is there anything else the Mercury Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercury?
Customer: Also the check engine light isn't on but in oder to get it inspected it has to read. I was hoping I could fine out where the fuse is so I wouldn't have to buy fuse tester an check them all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

The fuse for the OBD-II port is located in the fuse box under the driver's side dash. It is fuse #17. This fuse also protects the cigarette lighter, so if the fuse blows after replacement, the problem may lie in the wiring for the lighter receptacle. For an image location view, click here:

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. I give u a five star rating.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Great, thanks! I appreciate that! If you can use the rating box at the top of the screen, that'd help me out a ton! Glad I could be of some help! Have a great day!