Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Check engine light blinks, one of the mounts of the tranaxle

Customer Question

check engine light blinks, one of the mounts of the tranaxle side is not on properly.. theres a gap where it shouldn't be... know that's an issue, however, it shut down twice and is worse with air conditioner
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yup
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing too much, just dabbling a bit until I know what exactly is wrong
JA: Is there anything else the Mercury Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercury?
Customer: not that I'm aware lol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercury Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also noticed that the engine revs better when the filter cover is off...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
air filter that is
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Can i get the year, make, model, and engine?

A flashing CEL indicates the computer has stored a code. It also means the computer detects a misfire is occurring, normally from plugs or coils bad but sometimes from other causes. Are you behind on any maintenance?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2001 Mercury villager. V6
Just got the vehicle it was checked out supposedly.

Thanks, ***** ***** flashing CEL first off you need to see what codes are stored and see if it needs plugs and wires.

This can also cause the stalling issue you have.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris